|Posted by [email protected] on January 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM|
NSSLHA Minutes 1-24-16
• Mentor/mentee assignments coming this week
• Blaze fundraiser: We raised $90 and will be using it to buy a box of cleft-line bears!
• Dues are $5 and need to get to Brianna Dragomer as soon as possible.
• NSSLHA will be making monthly donations to Dr. Tasko for the stuttering support group.
• Study sessions will be every Monday in the CHHS atrium at 4:15PM.
• Bake Sale: Thursday, February 11th from 11-3 at CHHS and the clinic. Contact Allison Bacso if you are interested in helping with the bake sale.
• Bingo at the blind rehabilitation center occurs once a month. We would love to send 2 volunteers each time. Contact Chandler Hodgkin for more information.
• Interested in becoming a national NSSLHA member? The link to sign up is http://www.asha.org/members/nsslha/ and membership will cost $60. Benefits of becoming a member include access to ASHA publications, scholarships, and a discount on ASHA membership.
• Michigan Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Conference: April 21-23. The link to attend as a volunteer is http://www.viethconsulting.com/members/evr/reg_event.php?orgcode=MSHA&evid=13259601. We will hopefully be pairing with Calvin or GVSU to host a fundraiser at a restaurant in Grand Rapids.
• BANQUET! Either April 1st, 2nd, 8th, or 9th. Stay tuned! Will take place in the BHC ballroom. Committee options for the banquet are: fundraising, set up/decorations, games/activities, and cleanup. Contact Jacqueline Schmitt or Elise Harrigan if you are interested and able to help out. All of the money raised will be donated to bringing the documentary, “The Way We Talk” to Kalamazoo (possibly the Alamo), sending children who stutter to camp shout out, and donating to the stuttering support group.